Exfoliation removes dead skin cells, leaving your skin radiant and smooth. You can exfoliate all year round at least twice a month. Whether it's bikini season or you just want soft, clean skin, exfoliating your skin from head to toe will get you glowing.
Many beauties exfoliate their faces but do not exfoliate other body parts. As the weather heats up and you get bikini-ready, you should exfoliate all over. Exfoliation is also important before when rejuvenating winter-weary skin.
Supplies: Exfoliating Scrub or cleanser, Loofah, body brush or exfoliating gloves, Pumice stone, Body Balm or cream.
- Before stepping into the shower, brush your dry skin .This will help remove the loose skin and prepare your skin for the exfoliating process. Begin with the soles of your feet, working your way up your body.
- Get into the shower and wet your body from head to toe. Don't exfoliate your skin if you are sunburned or have any open cuts or wounds.
- Use a pumice stone on your feet to eliminate rough spots and calluses.
- Apply your exfoliating cleanser to your loofah or gloves. Begin scrubbing your body in a circular motion starting with the bottoms of your feet and working your way up. When you reach the bikini area, don't scrub too hard because the skin is very sensitive.
- Be gentle on your face, particularly around your eyes and mouth. Use an exfoliating product especially formulated for the face, which is gentler than products designed to be used on the body.
- Don't forget about your hands. You want them to look and feel soft and smooth too!
- Rinse your body with lukewarm water, and follow with the coldest water you can stand. Apply a shower gel to soften your skin.
After stepping out of the shower, apply a moisturizing body balm all over.Any of Yamerra’s Shea Hair and Body blends are recommended. Find one here. Exfoliation is drying to the skin, so you must keep your skin hydrated.