March 28, 2012

Kangalicious Diaries in New York: Day Five

Wow! Day Five of the Vivacious Kanga Diaries. I am wearing my mum's Kanga today (I borrowed it indefinitely, ha) as an over sized bolero. The fabric is stunning in orange and black with the intricate textiles on it. I've had this Kanga for years! Look how vibrant the color still is... Truly a Yamerra Treasure.

This is a very relaxed and fashionable look that anyone can pull off with a little black dress and a Kanga in their favorite colors. I tied the corners on the short sides of the Kanga and threw the "bolero" over my little black dress. My hands go through the new holes created on the left and right of the Kanga. You will also see images where I looped a belt around my waist to help hold the fabric in place. Check out pictures below...What do you think?

Where can you pick up a Kanga?
Yamerra
12 Lions Studio,
684 Broadway NYC
(Corner of Broadway and Great Jones)

Day Four: The Kanga Bolero and that little black dress

Be creative with your Kanga, pair it with your favorite little black dress... Great look for a breezy evening out




No comments:

Post a Comment